Between April and June every year – It’s pool opening time! The time that cookouts begin and warm weather is upon us! If you want PoolMax to open your pool, be sure to give us a call to get you on our schedule. But, if you want to do-it-yourself, opening your pool can be a fairly simple process. Be sure to use this handy step-by-step checklist to ensure you don’t miss anything.
- Remove any loose debris or leaves from your pool cover. If you have a solid cover, pump off as much accumulated water as possible.
- Remove the cover – lay it out to clean and dry before storing it for the season.
- Remove all winter plugs from skimmers and returns
- Fill the water in the pool to the appropriate level
- Replace all drain plugs on the equipment and pressure gauge if necessary
- Reconnect pumps, filter and electrical connections
- Replace any adjustable inlet nozzles that were removed during closing
- Inspect plumbing and equipment for any damage or leaks
- If you used anti-freeze during the season, discharge to waste to clear it from your plumbing
- Turn equipment on and inspect for any leaks or damage
- Give the water some time to filter and check your chemistry
- Add any needed chemicals
- Brush and vacuum
- Run your filtration systems overnight
- Shock the pool to eliminate any bacteria from the winter season
You could just call PoolMax and pick a date you want your pool opened, but, if you decide to do it yourself, we’ll deliver any parts or supplies you may need!